- 300 gr king prawns (udang galah), beheaded and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 candle nuts
- 1 cm turmeric
- 1 tbs coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbs kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tbs margarine
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Grind garlic, candle nuts, turmeric, and coriander in a grinder into a fine paste. Saute the paste on medium heat until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fried spices with kecap manis, margarine, lime juice, black pepper and salt. Brush the king prawns with the seasoning mixture. Set aside to marinate for min. 30 minutes.
- Grill the prawns while occasionally rebrushing them with the seasoning until thoroughly done.
- Serve immediately.